Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Advice on Suitcase Inverter Generators

Options
  • 16-09-2022 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello,

Looking for some advice on using a portable suitcase style inverter generator. The type suitable for camping trips & caravanning holidays etc.I have seen two models in my budget. Just wondering what I could run off them at home in the event of power cuts etc over the winter. I would just be looking to run it outdoors with an extension lead attached & run that into the house

First Suitcase generator option is 2.2 kw - Max output 2.2 kw, continuous output 2.0 kw. Provides 230v & 12v output.

Second one is an 1800w inverter generator provides 230v AC power & 12v. Max output 1800 watts / 1700 watts continuous. 

So just so I understand this correctly if the first option can generate 2000 watts continuously then I could just run an electric raddiator like this off it?

Glen electric radiator - Volts 240 - 60 Hz. Watts 2000

I would only be looking to heat & light one room in the event of a power cut so if a suitcase generator gives a continuous output of 1700 watts or 2000 watts I could run one or two electrical devices off it providing the combined wattage of the devices does not exceed the continuous output of the suitcase generator? Would that be correct?

Do I need to take into account Starting Watts versus Running watts of the electrical devices that I may use & the continuous output of the generator?

I have a few electric items if I can check if I could use a electric radiator & a lamp together at the same time off of these type of suitcase generators So the electrical items that I would be looking to run are:

A lamp with a 20w or 40w bulb

A Dimplex low-voltage panel heater - volts 230-240. Watts 551- 600 Hz

A Glen electric radiator - Volts 240 - 60 Hz. Watts 2000

DeLonghi Oil filled radiator 2000 watts 230-240 volts 50Hz.

Sharp Microwave Oven - 230-240v Hz single phase. AC power required 1270 watts. Output power 800 watts.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Never used any kind of generators before. I would appreciate some advice just for powering a plug in radiator & a lamp for home use etc.

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement