Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 16-09-2022 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

When I moved into my house I was a married woman. Ex decided to get decking done in back garden. It’s many years later, I am now divorced and my decking has seen better days. It became a danger so my son and I ripped it all up. Thing is now we don’t know what to do with it. I have very little money so would be trying to do as much as I can myself.

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 31 groovyger

Thank you looksee. I wasn’t thinking of more decking (definitely more than I could afford) but your idea sounds great

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Does it have to be decking? Would you consider a small wall and grass? How much diy experience - and tools - do you have? In my day I might have tackled decking but I never did even though I am pretty handy, you need to be able to do accurate planning and setting posts etc, you could waste a lot of materials. It might be cheaper in the long run to get someone to do it.

Alternatively build a low wall to account for the level difference, with some steps and a path to the shed, bury the cable in some ducting (under the path), rotovate the area and add some fresh soil/compost/ something to improve it, then grass it.

Advertisement