Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB to Revolut Direct Debit

• 16-09-2022 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks,

I've checked out the Revolut Megathread, Reddit and a few other places, but I can't find an answer to my question. I've moved from KBC to AIB. Every month, I take a few buckets of small savings and send them over to Revolut (money for Christmas, money for birthday presents etc.). I then have vaults set up on Revolut that this money gets divvied into.

With KBC, I just set up a direct debit from KBC to Revolut, then Revolut moved the money into the vaults. It was all seamless and automatic.

With AIB, I can't save Revolut as a payee (LT IBAN and AIB won't allow international payees to be saved). Is there any way for me to automate this process? I've seen people mentioning Apple/Google Pay as well as adding payments directly in Revolut, but every option seems to require me to manually make the transfers.

Any way for me to automate this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭JoannieG

I've been able to do it with Permanent TSB by setting up a recurring international payment. Perhaps you could do the same with AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ajhmartin903

Unfortunately AIB don't seem to allow recurring international payments. I assume this is their way to ward off Revolut. You can do it manually, but can't set Revolut LT IBAN up as a payee, so don't have an option of setting up direct debits to them.

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

You need to setup a recurring standing order in your AIB, not a direct debit. I have standing orders on mine to a DE bank account, running monthly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

I was able to do this with a standing order from my AIB to n26 account. It transfers on a set day each month (similar as it is a German Iban).

I can’t make one off transfer easily via the app though. I have to go via the website and use the card reader device to make an international payment and those details can’t be saved for next time which is a bit annoying.

Advertisement