Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW8 Match Day Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jesus booked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Silly yellow at three nil up

15 year old Ethan Nwaneri comes on for Arsenal - the youngest player in PL history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

just tuned in and see Saliba doing the business, 24 from 3 Arsenal lads, wasn't that optimistic about this GW at all, but currently 72 (-4) with Patterrson to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Looks like Saka is getting back in form - maybe time for a martinelli switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭macraignil

In the same boat after leaving him on the bench thinking Arsenal wouldn't keep a clean sheet. Can't believe I played Neco Williams with his 1point ahead of someone looking like getting 15. Worst decision of the season so far and probably the difference between a red arrow and a green one this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

42 (-4). 2 goals, 2 assists, 1 CS and zero bonus points. Dropped 1m spots to 2.7m. Didn’t have Cancelo who got a joke 3 bonus.

I remember when I used to be good at this game! Having an awful run since last Christmas, just can’t get going at all and no idea how to fix it. I’m glad of the 2 week break tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Have you been given the backing of the board yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m definitely in Brendan Rodgers territory!

Yeah it's a killer alright, I would have taken the clean sheet on the chin but a 15 pointer was unreal punishment.

Harsh on Rodgers - more like a Steve Cooper - brand new squad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Damn you Jesus

I needed those 2 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

lol the dreaded vote of confidence

Im miffed because I had Saliba in a WC draft all week, I was replacing White for him as I reckon he offers more attacking threat. But then realised I needed to leave money in the bank in order to afford getting Salah or Trent back and I couldnt afford the extra 0.4m for Saliba so hung on to White. The only possible make weight was Reece James and I didnt want to sell him.

Still happy with the two assists from Saka on the WC, he has looked like coming back in to form for a couple of weeks now. I think he is a player who struggles with confidence sometimes but when he has it then it is sky high and big hauls can come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

41 points all out. Brought in Botman and he didn't play.

What's sick is my planned transfer was Zinchenko to Saliba but due to the limited fixtures I just had to hope that Zinchenko was fit and had to bring in somebody else to get to ten players.

Tbh it was a week to use the free hit in hindsight.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got Saliba in at 4.6 so it feels like an even worse decision. Got Anderson in instead as he has a good gw12 fixture in particular. Yes happy with Saka too, I was tempted to just get Zaha and bench or maybe go for Bowen but wasn't convinced by him or West Ham. Think my original team got more points this week and I feel like I might have wildcarded a week early but them the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Bowen isn't looking good, think he'll be leaving my team soon.

West Ham are so deep at times, a team very much trying to evolve, but not yet there

Many will have 6 plyers missing for that game with value tied up - be interesting how many play with 10 players that week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭shmeee

A poor first half of football there, don't think I'll sit through the 2nd half. Nothing of note from any of the FPL assets. West Ham defenders look good for a CS, Everton have not got close to worrying then.

68(-8) all out. Green arrow up to 385k in a week where without WCing I'd have taken a small red prior to it. Saliba the absoulte hero!

Maupay (Iwobi)

• Advertisement

Gordon booked

Gordon subbed

Should really have gone with Patterson instead of Neco on wc. Everton looking pretty solid.

Almost went Bowen myself on the wildcard but ducked out of it as it would have been a decision based on sentimentality of what he did last season and regardless of West Hams easier fixture run neither them nor Bowen look on it. Saka to Zaha definitely in my thoughts for either GW10 or 11 and will need to sell KdB before that City-Arsenal blank in 12 too. Think I might just field 10 that week and suck it up, have too much value tied up in Haaland, Cancelo, Martinelli all who Id want back

78 (-4), up 1.5m places - although happy with squad two derby games next GW could see me plummet back down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭COH

56 (-4)

The -4 was a net 13 points plus which I cant complain about at all really. What I can complain about though is how absolutely SH1T my season is going... languishing around 3.1m OR and on the wrong side of basically every marginal call Ive made all season!

Making a good start really is so key to having a good season

Yeah that's my plan too. Around 180k going into the break so have to be pleased with that.

Yea it's very hard to make ground when you have a bad start, as you are relying on differentials to make up the ground. Son was mine this week, but he'll probably snapped up by many by time next GW roles around. This year I think is harder again as Haaland is basically default captain and going against him could set you back and undo gains from differentials unless your captain beats him

Yeah even when Haaland has tougher fixtures it will be hard not to captain him regardless of the likes of Kane, Son, etc having an easier fixture that week.

I bet though when the season is done and dusted the overall winner will be someone who got big gains off betting against Haaland like with Son yesterday and it came off each and every time they did it. Its one method of owning Haaland like everyone does but making gains if you think someone might haul and Haaland will only get a single goal. Its high risk stuff though but punts like that are something the elite players seem to call right more often than not. Those who even just brought in Son this week must be in heaven, I bet theres a few who captained him as well over Haaland which would was gains for them when there is a perma captain.

Anyway 74 all out, hefty green arrow from 250k to 58k and now 17 points off the top 10k. VHEWT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭shmeee

After 8 GWs I've never seen the MLs and even the overall ranks as tight. One player brining in a score shots you up the ranks. As @Muahahaha says, going against the majority can pay big.

WC is now active and try and catch some value while over the next 2 weeks. Buying Liverpool assets back for cheaper is very nice I must say. And I'm turned off West Ham and Newcastle players from what I saw GW8. So a help I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

54 points and drop of 200k places to 870k, strange gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

68 game week points. I'm currently sitting in 41,765. Debating a wild card now for week 9 but unsure yet if I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

67 with no chips and no hits. City trio and 2 of Arsenal trio and Patterson delivering

Up nearly 1M OR

Definitely HEWT

Wildcard active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

61 points after using the WC, but happy enough with the squad for the next few weeks. I'm at about 460K OR.

saw a tweet from the FPL that 300 odd managers triple captained Son. Would guess 90% of them are people playing for a weekly or monthly prize and burning their chips to win it. The other 10% though, the absolute balls on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭Cartman78

65(-4)....ended up with 10 players (or 9 really with Ward in goal).

Had the funds for Son but went with Kulu. Double Newcastle defence not paying off either....Saliba the hero saving the day.

Green arrow from 1.9M to 1.4M....gonna be a loooooooong way back

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

67 all out Green arrows all the way for once. Isak as captain worked out Trippier Cancelo Dier and Haaland all helping out as well.

Advertisement