Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find it hard to charge my friend

Options
  • 17-09-2022 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

So I booked Center parcs for me my friend and our kids for December. I paid it all when booking. I told him the price at the time but when I booked it a week later it had gone up by 100 euro. Also after I booked I asked him what activities he was interested in which I booked 6 of. I think he thinks they were free. So first of all, should I charge him the price minus the 100 as I hadn’t told him it had gone up in price? Second should I mention the activities costing? He’s my friend so don’t want to be charging him when I think he assumed they were free. But then again it’s so expensive to pay it all. It’s a hard situation but he asked me how much he needs to pay me and I don’t know what to say. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

You're not "charging" him, you don't run Centrepacs, you're just passing on costs that you incurred. There's absolutely no reason to feel bad about it. Don't forget you did him a favour by booking it in the first place.

Simplest thing to do is pass on the booking email to him so he can see in black and white what he owes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Tell him what it costs in total, then tell him he needs to pay half. If he refuses, or is begrudging in any way, he’s not a friend. He’s a leech. Although I think you may be overthinking on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya this is a very common thing, so don’t feel like you should be embarrassed to ask him

Like the above poster said, send on the confirmation email and you can even say something like ‘just sending this so you can have it for the costs etc’ or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

i think that this is the easiest way to handle it with a view to getting back what you’re owed.

It’s incredible how the true costs of amenities doesn’t even register with some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Really??

How about to talk to your friend, instead of posting on boards.

Talk to the people, people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

He's asked you how much....don't see the issue here. It cost what it cost, he's paying his share to centreparcs, you're not making a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭downtheroad

With Center Parcs he can log into the booking and pay for his own activities. And those activities aren't cheap so make sure he knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

It’s not your fault, and you needn’t worry about it on friendship terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Hey OP, you’re not charging your friend, Center Parcs are :) However, not sure why you didn’t tell him about the increase in cost before booking - ‘hey, that’s gone up by 100 - you cool with that?’ Same with activities - before booking you should have mentioned how much they were. But since it’s done - as others have said: just share the booking email with him, he won’t be expecting you to pay for him, unless there’s something we don’t know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This

----------------------------------

Warned for Breach of Charter. Use the "Thanks" feature to agree with a post. Posts are supposed to offer advice to the OP.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Marymoore

Ye I agree with you. I do need to talk more to people instead of thinking about it. I don’t think you deserve a warning cos it’s good advice

Advertisement