Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Information Technologies Certification Academy

Options
  • 17-09-2022 8:44pm

I’m an “early retired” public servant and to keep my brain busy I learned a bit of coding in last year and took to it nicely.

Comments

• Had only started my post and can’t even edit it the way the forum is behaving. Anyway, wishing to advance my skills a bit more seriously, I sniffed around for courses. Some of these are extremely expensive, some are probably highly overpriced for what they are.

Then I discovered EITCA, which is a heavily EU subsidised agency to advance IT education to all and sundry no matter what their resources or qualifications. It is modular, and can lead to international certification in any chosen area of IT.

It’s something to look at for anyone who is interested in advancing their knowledge or taking a career in IT. The total cost for me enrolling in self-paced Infosec was €225, for 12 modules.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• The material on the courses is serious weighty stuff, so not particularly for the faint-hearted, but it seems to me to be quality learning if you follow through. You get a month of trying it out, and if you don’t find it suitable you can get your money back. Also you can take exams any number of times. It’s kind of a no-brainer, with nothing to lose, and oddly enough, as far as I can see, seems to not be something that too many people have heard about.

Advertisement