Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queries on lunchtime for primary school teachers

Options
  • 19-09-2022 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi - I posted this previously in a less suited forum.

"Hi

(1)An INTO FAQ document indicates that a primary school teacher is entitled to a 30 mins lunch break and is not required to remain on school premises during that time. Does anybody know if this is specified in a DES circular anywhere? I have tried searching to no avail.

(2)In searching for (1), I did come across circular 0033/2013 which speaks of primary teachers being paid for lunchtime supervision. Is this still the case?

Thanks!"

I did get a response which said the document in (1) related to INTO in Northern Ireland. Does anyone know what the lunchtime entitlements are for primary school teachers in the Republic of Ireland? And is there a circular related to it?

Query (2) above remains as is. Does anyone know if primary school teachers are paid for lunchtime supervision in the republic of Ireland?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KateMonster

I believe we do

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Window1

Any primary school teachers out there please.....what are primary teacher teacher lunch time entitlements? Míle buíochas.

Advertisement