Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 McCormick CX110: a few issues

Options
  • 19-09-2022 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

A neighbour recently bought a 2012 McCormick CX110, and this mystery dashboard symbol has appeared.

He has no owner's manual of course, and a bunch of Googling has been unfruitful too 😕

Anyone here got any idea what it means?

Post edited by Melodeon on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Probably means 4 wheel drive is turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Melodeon

That makes sense now, looking at again!

I'll get him to find the 4x4 switch and see what happens 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

I only say that because this is the symbol off a Deere for 4wd, fairly close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Fantastic, the 4x4 switch it was!

Thanks for the guidance.

While I'm here, there's apparently another issue:

There's a shuttle selector lever to the left of the steering column that's misbehaving a bit.

Forward and Neutral are fine, but Reverse is a bit flakey, having to be gently finessed to get it to actually engage reverse.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭alan10

This may not be same – as forward & neutral are OK with you.

But we had sim issue: turned out it was the seat sensor if I remember correctly. There has to be weight (a body) on the seat before you can select forward/reverse. Ours was flaky – turns out one of the wires got pinched under the seat. New strip connector, insulator tape and away we go…

• Advertisement
Advertisement