Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

POTW 638: 13/8/22 - 19/8/22

• 19-09-2022 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Myksyk

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Gregor Samsa

Stanley 1

dinneenp

CONGRATULATIONS Myksyk!

WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Congratulations @Myksyk! Stunning shot.

Could you tell us a bit about it? I'm fascinated by some of your photography, because they're not something I'd even conceive of, let alone be able to execute. I'd love to know both the thought process and the setup behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Thanks Gregor Samsa.

This is a studio shot with the UK model Ivory Flame (well actually shot in a local hall with a studio set up for the day). The intent was to do something a little different from a straightforward pose and more toward a storytelling image (although it doesn't quite meet that objective I think). The idea was simply a shot of a beautiful woman from an unspecified period but most likely 19th century, writing at a table at night by candlelight. I'd seen similar images and wanted to try my hand.

The various items are sourced at a local antique shop and hired for the day. The vase and flower were shot separately and composited in after the fact - I thought they added a little.

Shot on a Canon 5DIV. Elinchrom lighting with large 135 Octa top left, strip light to right back for some edge lighting and a small flash on the floor to throw a touch of light on the backdrop. Post-processing to refine the light, colour grade etc etc to create the feel that I was looking for.

Advertisement