Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting Up- Post Primary

Options
  • 19-09-2022 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

A query- it has probably been aired before.

What happens when the Principal asks a teacher to temporarily fill in as a Deputy Principal or indeed, Principal itself? Must they accept or is such a request merely optional? I'm not talking about sick leave or maternity leave but rather situations where the senior management are away for a day or more on business and some poor sod has to man the nuclear buttons...

Granted, lots of greasy-pole climbers would immediately jump at the chance of occupying the big seats for a day or two but others might be less inclined. Must it be offered to AP1s or Year Heads or is the whole thing done on the hoof, so to speak? I assume there is no money involved either.

Answers eagerly awaited!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

In our school it always goes to the most senior API and down the list that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭doc_17

AP1s do it in our place. No one else is asked or even considered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Random sample

APs usually do a half day each in our place. It has happened that an AP2 did it, I don’t know the details of how that came about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Before we got additional deputies the Principal in our place would ask numerous staff to man the office for just an hour each during a free period in case any emergency popped up.

Obviously it wasn't given to new/younger staff, but i remember doing it before i had a post.

Advertisement