Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview HD Manhattan T2 questions

Options
  • 20-09-2022 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Sorry to bother folks but does anyone know if a Manhattan T2 works in Republic for Saorview channels?

if so, does it give channels in proper order with an EPG?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have one and it does receive the Saorview channels. However these channels are up in the 800's and I couldn't see any way to rearrange them (or the Freeview channels) on the EPG. Just to note that while you can record you can't use the series link for the Irish channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Thanks, and I assume you can record one whilst watching another?

And does it have an EPG on which you can set something to record ahead of time , 7 day?

While I've never used the feature I believe you can watch a different channel while recording. You can pause and rewind live tv and unlike a Sky dish you only need a single aerial feed.

It has a 8 day EPG so there's no problem with setting a recording days in advance. All of the above applies to the Freeview channels but I'm not sure about the Saorview EPG. I'll check that later today and let you know.

Thanks appreciate that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

The box has a Twin Tuner, meaning you can watch one and record another channel, or record 2 channels if the box is in standby mode

So there is definitely a 7 day EPG for the Saorview channels which are scattered all over the place. However you can form a "favourites" list which allows you to view your favourite channels grouped together on the EPG.

As stated earlier the series link doesn't work with Saorview but to test recording in advance I set a programme to record on VM1 this evening so I'll check that later to see if it worked ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭decor58

I was curious about this a few years ago but from what I could find at the time the Panasonic freeview boxes were the only ones that allowed the channels to be be reordered, so RTE1 was on 1, etc.

Apologies, I meant to post yesterday. I scheduled a recording on VM1 24 hours in advance and it recorded fine. So no problems with recording individual Saorview channels in advance.

As I live close to the NI border I get the Freeview channels and I got the box initially to record the different soaps for my wife. The Saorview channels were never recorded hence the reason I was unsure of its capabilities in relation to Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aaron13

The Manhattan T2 Freeview HD receiver offers a sleek design and excellent performance, making it a popular choice for those looking to access high-definition TV channels without a subscription. Its user-friendly interface and reliable reception make it a standout option for cord-cutters seeking quality viewing experiences without the hassle of monthly fees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement