Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garden Shed Frame Work

• 20-09-2022 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, just in the process of building a small garden shed 15'X10' lean to style. I have put down a course of 4" blocks on the flat, two blocks high around the perimeter/walls to create a water barrier. I intend building stud walls on top of the blocks using 4"x2" and then sheeting with box cladding. Also using 4"X2" for the roof rafters and again non drip box cladding. Question I have, is it overkill to use pressure treated timber for the stud framing, could I use non treated or would using metal studs be an alternative option? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'd go pressure treated all the way, the stuff I get is cheaper. I'd also treat all cut ends and the joints with something like Protim 265. I'd also put an extra 4x2 below the 4x2 thats part of the stud work as if it does start to rot you can slip it out and replace it without affecting the stud work. However I nearly always over engineer :-)

Edit> You'll probably get better quality timber if you get untreated so really a trade off.

Post edited by The Continental Op on

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement