Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved into house with electric gates already installed - need advice

• 20-09-2022 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I moved into a house a few months ago that has electric gates already installed. They are metal (wrought iron?), inward opening 'butterfly' style gates. They are working fine with both key fob and access panel at gate.

I'm wondering how often they should be serviced, what that entails and what is the likely cost for same. I don't know when they were installed, who installed and if they were ever serviced. As I said they are working fine but I want to ensure I take care of them property so that they last.

What do I need to do?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Is there underground or overground motors ?

The biggest item that I believe that requires constant maintenance is the manual override feature, believe me, it is at the worst possible time in the worst weather that you will be very glad that these function.

If you have underground motors, make sure there is not a build of of debris etc within the motor encloser and ensure that the water egress from these boxes is working, you don't want your motors immersed in pools of water.

After that, it is a matter of greasing, as opposed to oiling, all motor contact points, whether these are over ground or underground

Obviously the greasing should ideally be also done to the actual gate hinges as well.

As these are a set of automatic gates that you have as such inherited, then get someone qualified to do a safety audit on them, because right now if anything happens to anyone by your gates, you are responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dinelli

Thanks a mill for the information. I have booked a service which should address any potential issues.

Advertisement