Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair

Options
  • 21-09-2022 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

so I booked a flight with Ryanair for next February and the flight was originally 12.30 it has now changed to 6.30 in the evening have I any comeback with them. I wanted to fly early afternoon but no flight available now. Never got an email from Ryanair I just spotted it by chance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

Did you get in contact with them about this? Something similar happened to me recently; they were very accommodating.. I could change my flight to a different airport nearby without any additional cost (that flight was 2x the price I paid); closer to my original departure time. Would recommend the chat function on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭vegandinner

Your entitled to a refund, usually they also let you change it to a different flight, even a more expensive one. The way things are gone with airlines changes up to 3 months prior to departure are very common these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 msmandy

Hello I dont know how to start a thread as it has been ages since i have been on here.

I booked a flight to Rome last May for Feb 10th as a family member was performing at a festival, we were departing feb 10th on the 6.20am. We got an email saying the flight had changed and we were advised to change to the 4pm flight getting in at 8 meaning that we will miss the first performance.

Now that is all well and good but the first flight is still for sale at 180 euros and it is now a week past!. I got this flight at a really good price and I am curious to know if Ryanair would bump us on to another flight in order to sell more expensive tickets?

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom or thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I doubt it, they are too big for that I’d say. Try get in touch via Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I have the same issue

Booked in August for a flight next September (13 months away) Flight originally 6.20am they changed it to 9.50 (without sending email letting me know, I just by chance checked the flight and spotted it) flight now for new bookings is now showing 9.50am

I need to get to my destination early which is why I booked this flight, Ryanair told me because the "schedule change" has not been confirmed (i.e. they have not sent me an email confirming the change) then it is still scheduled for my time..... but how can this be if they are selling to new customers at 9.50am.

I would hazard a guess not many booked 13 months in advance, so they are hardly selling to the other 200 people on board for a 9.50am flight to tell them its changing to 620am and risk a load of refunds etc

I have been told if it does change the email should arrive latest 90 days before flight, but I cannot wait until June, then if it doesn't suit get a refund and rebook a flight in the height of summer. will be mad money.

They are not accommodating at all.

(just to add I booked 2 separate flights to different locations for April and May and both of these times have changed aswell (these don't affect me as much so don't mind going ahead with them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Hi Fitzparker,

This is the risk with booking a flight so far in advance. Airline schedules can and do change, especially that far out. They do have the right to do so. You also have a right to request a refund if it is more than two hours difference from your original booking or rebook onto an alternative flight that does suit. It is unlikely that that early departure will run and this is the new departure time. You are not entitled to any compensation.

Can you fly a day before to ensure you arrive on time at your destination. It is always best to not leave your travel connections too tight for something important. Flights in summer are regularly delayed by 3 hours etc. There is no point in complaining to Ryanair, they are within their rights. In fairness, their schedule is fairly stable 6 months or more out. I've had 4 schedule changes before with a different non Irish airline!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Never accept a flight change I’ve been told. If they change it once they could change it again and you may then be entitled to a refund if you haven’t accepted the first change.

Thanks for the reply, I do understand the above and aware that they change and knew that booking, but was a decent price at the time.

My issue is I don't mind it changing but not been given an option of a refund or flight change because the flight has not been confirmed yet.

I'm not really in a position to wait until 3 months out (potentially June) for them to confirm schedule. then I get the option to change/refund this would be too late to sort plans

Im almost sure not many booked that particular 6am flight, new bookings are now getting the 9am flight so I'd be positive it will be the 9am flight that goes ( upset a handful who booked 6am offering refund/change then potential of 100 odd that have/will book 9am)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Seems pretty ridiculous that they won’t confirm it now - leaves you in a right mess.

I would call them and tell them you want to add a passenger to your booking but when you try to book your flight isn’t showing as available - why is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Where is the flight to? They are playing within the rules, so I can’t see as a referee the foul play? If your flight has moved by two hours when it is confirmed then you’ll have the option of a free transfer to another suitable flight or a full refund. You’re not at that stage until June next year.

• Advertisement

That is actually a good shout

The problem is my confirmation mail when I booked the flight is 6.55 but when I go into "my account" on Ryanair its 9.20

So adding a passenger will be for the 9:20 time

I get what they are doing, it's obvious the flight will be moved to 9:20 as only 7 are booked currently. Waiting potentially 3 months out is a bit much to confirm a flight time when its blatantly been moved to a new time for the next 10 months for new customers to book

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭vegandinner

Schedule changes are very common on anything more than 6 months out. Slots and landing rights won’t have even been approved by the airports 13 months in advance. It’ll have nothing to do with load factor or how well it’s selling, it’s just they wanted to put something on sale so probably put last year’s schedule on sale knowing it’ll change

Advertisement