Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with new gaming laptop

Options
  • 21-09-2022 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new laptop for a little gaming, my budget is up to €1,000.

At the moment I've shortlisted two Lenovo's which are very similar with the main differences

Option 1.

IdeaPad 3 15

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5600h

Memory: 8 GB

Graphics: GeForce 3060 6GB

Option 2

IdealPad 3i 16

Processor: Intel i7-12700H

Memory: 16 GB RAM

Graphics: GeForce 3050Ti 4GB

What would be more important the extra 8GB of RAM or the extra 2 GB of RAM in the GPU?

Thanks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

for newer games the 3060 is better the lack of ram can be urpgraded by installed another 8 gig of ddr4 which is what i presume is in them , most laptops would be easyily upgraded.

one problem is the intel is this years version and the processor and system is a lot better than the year older ryzen

pcie gen 3 v gen 4 . processor is better , screen is better i have the 165hz screen on mine

the gpu is better in the amd - everything else is better in the intel !!

there is a sale on now but with all the new launches id wait a few weeks and maybe save a couple more pounds and you will get more what you want

i

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Everything about the 3i 16 is better with the exception of the graphics card which is what's catching me, if the GPUs were swapped it would be an easy decision.

I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens, I'm not in any real urgency.

Thanks.

Yes for top end games you want at least a 3060 . i waited months to get something i wanted i got the legion 5i pro 3070ti . i was looking for simular to you really ,

look around the different sites . with the prices of current gpus lowering and 4000 series announced and more coming there bound to be offers all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Where did you end up getting the legion 5 from?

i got it from lenovo 2 days delivery to the door . spent more than expected .

i see the new and chips out today with major power boosts etc intels not far off , there should be good offers coming around

• Advertisement

Just Looking Currys.ie have a sale on a lot of gaming laptops -

there more bound to be around aswell

theres the only one i see near what you are looking for at 1st look

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/asus-tuf-dash-f15-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-rtx-3060-1-tb-ssd-10234448-pdt.html

Advertisement