Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone FTTH renewal, almost too good!

Options
  • 22-09-2022 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Fibre arrived in my estate a year ago. Reseller at the door was offering an additional €5 off Vodafone's €45 intro offer for 1Gb+phone. Due to some delays with installation Vodafone knocked another €5 off, so got it for €35 for the past year. Was fully expecting to downgrade to 0.5Gb and move to Pure Telecom's €35 intro offer this year instead of Vodafone's €60 renewal price for 1Gb.

Called Vf customer service, asked about renewal price, didn't actually request any discount. Without any further interaction, guy announced that "as a front line agent he could only offer me €5 off" but would connect me with his colleague. On hold music for 5 minutes, then second agent announced she could offer €20 off, so another 12 months of 1Gb+phone for €40. Very pleasantly surprised, but bemused -- this is still cheaper than their normal intro offer of €45. Hope I haven't missed something. (Vf's agents are offshore and quite hard to understand the accents).

Advertisement