Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showcalf Feeding plan

Options
  • 22-09-2022 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all, I want to do three nice commercial weanlings right this winter and try get a ribbon at a spring show. They are ai lim bred , born April 22 and are 300 kg. I know the price of meal is mad but this is just for fun and something to do over the winter while looking after the few suckler cows. Can anyone recommend a feeding plan, what kg they should get and what rate to build up to and for how long etc. Also if anyone knows a certain feed mill to go to. munster region. They will have access to quality silage which usually tests 75 +dmd and we have straw and hay. They will be on straw bed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. If a thread already exists, can you please point me in the direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Gudstock

Really interested in this too, I'm planning on holding onto a good BB bull until a spring show and sale for the interest more than anything, it would be great to hear advice from the experts on feeding these types.

I've heard rumours of a shake of milk powder going on the nuts/ration every day, not sure if thats true or not. Also something about some one of the mills selling a special show weanling nut mix with 18-20% protein?

Advertisement