Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Panels and TAMS grant.

Options
  • 23-09-2022 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Spoke with a few companies in the Ploughing about PV panels costs and installation. For domestic you can avail of a grant of 2250 euros which is about 20% of the cost but through TAMS you can get 40%.

If your house is located on the farm supplying power for the fence and supplying water, not located to the yard which has its own electricity and water supply.

Is there an argument to apply for the TAMS for panels to be fitted to the house or will it be shut down straight away.

I had a read through the Teagasc website and there was nothing to say otherwise, it only said about max KVA.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Can't answer your question but I had a chat with a solar company rep at the ploughing too. He told me loads but the one thing that stuck was to start at the end. That is, talk to ESB first about connections/grid and then work from there.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Panels have to be on farm buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Is there not an issue re using the grant and then selling back to the grid in that they won't allow it? Tbh electricity companies are having their cake and eating it at the minute, charging a fortune and paying fcukall to nothing for what they receive then.

Dairy side of things bar using it to heat the water most of the power is used at either end of the day so if putting in a decent system it would want to be getting a worthwhile return from the electricity companies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Be careful when doing costings. Units sold back to the grid are seen as an income and are taxable

Advertisement