Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New case suggestions?

Options
  • 23-09-2022 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

I've been using a Fractal Design R5 for 7 ish years and looking to modernise / feel like a change. Budget max is around 200 euro.

Recently put together a pc for a family member using a corsair 4000X which i found a little small but liked the aesthetics so I'm thinking the 5000X but open to suggestions for similar mid towers as I'm not that experienced with what's available/good now.

Priorities, drive space (current set up has 3 hd's installed + 2 ssd's mounted, I'll be keeping some hd's for my plex), usb c connections , glass panels, some lights but doesn't have to be crazy. Using a Noctua D15s as a cooler right now so that takes up a chunk of space for air cooling but willing to change to something more low profile if i had to.

thanks for any recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

I bought a Phanteks P600S recently, I researched for a bit before buying and I'm pretty happy with it. Got it from caseking.de. Seems to tick most of your boxes, but it’s quite big. I only have SSD drives but it comes with HDD bays (not installed in pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C (without RGB / with RGB) if you want a case around the same size.

Be Quiet Silent Base 802 if you don't mind larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

thanks for the suggestions, I had forgotten about Lian Li as someone put me off the make before, will check them all out in detail now i have a few to focus on

Advertisement