Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much would i charge?

Options
  • 23-09-2022 5:13pm

a new business was built on a historical site. i have photos of the area before the development. i want to try to sell them to the new owners. how much would i charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭893bet

It’s basically as close to worthless as it could be.

is the new business one which has a “lobby” where customers wait that they might like it for?

if you Google can old photos be found of the site?

"is the new business one which has a “lobby” where customers wait that they might like it for?!"

yes

"if you Google can old photos be found of the site?" a couple but not the ones I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I honestly don't see great value in them. Are they negatives or digital than can be reliably enlarged? What makes yours superior to other existing pictures? It's a one customer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,886 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are they your photographs that you're looking to assign the copyright for, or just printed photos that you happen to have?

my photos i shot them. and i dont want to assign the copyright just licence their use. There are a few photos of the area online but not the ones i have. I have shots of the old place, the knocking of the old place, and the building of the new, should have said that in OP sorry. The new place is almost complete.

They are digital photos, someone asked. 4996x2752, i am not sure how far that could be enlarged.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,886 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'd struggle to get a few hundred for that, and that's only if they really wanted them.

There's a very good chance they have similar already. Any planning process would require photos of the before anyway for starters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭chooseusername

The new business will probably have their own photos as part of their planning application and surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I thought they were old photos. As said above, they'll have their own. Even then they probably would have little interest in mounting and displaying them. I don't think you have any monetary value there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

One of the Golden Rules applies here - If you don’t ask, you don’t get!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya I mean, there’s only one person that sets the price here, and that’s you

No use asking anyone else’s opinion, genuinely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 nicegood

can negociate

Advertisement