Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make back dated lump sum AVC contribution

• 24-09-2022 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to make a back dated lump sum AVC contribution to your pension to max out AVC's. Is this done through your employer or on the revenue site?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Assuming you want to make an AVC in 2022 to back date against 2021 tax liability, the logistics of making the payment is between you and your employer and/or pension provider. Once you make this before October 31st of 2022 (or the extended November date if paying and filing online) then you file a return with Revenue to realise the relief, and you should get a refund of your marginal rate of the balance of the AVC. At least that's how it has worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

How do I go about adding to my Single Public Pension Scheme Or to buy additional AVC Thanks

Advertisement