Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying land/building

• 25-09-2022 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all,

Strange enough request here but would love some advice so I know I make a decision with my head rather than my heart.

There’s an old nursing home in the area i grew up. It’s completely run down, roof and every aspect inside would need to be replaced and redone. Its been derilict for the past 6 years and has been a complete nuisance to the whole local area with people coming to illegally gut it and teenagers drinking there and wrecking havoc.

While I’ve no interest in a nursing home, our family land surrounds it. I’d love to own it, it’s a 4 acre site and is now on the market for 180,000 euro. The thing is I have no idea what I’d like to do with it.

I have no idea what it would cost to renovate, or if it could be re zoned for residential. I am currently renting in cork city but would love to move back out to it. It’s an incredible plot of land but again no idea would planning even be possible.

I suppose what I’m wondering is, how much is land likely to devalue? Am I crazy to be thinking about this when I don’t have a clear idea what I’d like to do. I’d love to own it but I suppose I don’t want to bring a serious burden on myself either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 saoirse88

Value of land is likely to greatly depreciate over the next couple of years. 4 acres for 180,000 is also way over priced

Advertisement