Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Independence

• 25-09-2022 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Catalonia, Scotland and Texas have notions of seceding from their current constitutions. I am sure there are countless others.

I have been reading Civil War history and a common concept being muted by the irregulars was the formation of a Munster Republic. I respect that it was a 100 years ago and that times were different.

Would a Munster republic be feasible in current times?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Pman

Connacht was a republic for a couple of months in 1798.

Catalan Republic had its leaders jailed in 2017

Venice voted to leave Italy in 2014.

Connacht Republic , Leinster Republic, Munster Republic.........and Ulster Republic . Decentralisation personified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

No

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

They did not even manage to beat the Dragons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Tow it away and sink it.

But only after you've moved the Middleton distillery to a spot suitably further north 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Michael Lowry could be Munster Taoiseach

Post edited by Kermit.de.frog on

Advertisement