Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 2023

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Whatever is your social welfare payment every week was doubled if your payment was on the list, including LAI.

A quick google Hawthorne brought me to the gov.ie website. Here’s what I found. A list of payments which are being paid on the double this week.

Notes

Number of people to receive Autumn Double Payment

SchemeEstimated number of recipients of Autumn Double PaymentState Pension (Non-Contributory)95,000Jobseeker's Allowance136,000One Parent Family Payment41,000Widow(er)s' Pension (Non-Contributory)1,000Supplementary Welfare Allowance13,000Daily Expenses Allowance4,000Farm Assist5,000Community Employment19,000Rural Social Scheme3,000TUS5,000Back to Work Enterprise Allowance3,000Back to Education Allowance4,000Back to Work Family Dividend3,000Disability Allowance155,000Blind Pension1,000Carer's Allowance91,000Domiciliary Care Allowance48,000Guardian's Payment (Non-Contributory)1,000Jobseeker’s Benefit45,000Jobseeker’s Benefit Self-Employed1,000State Pension (Contributory)494,000Widow(er)s' Surviving Civil Partners Pension (Contributory)124,000Occupational Injuries Death Benefit1,000Deserted Wife's Benefit5,000Partial Capacity Benefit3,000Invalidity Pension57,000Disablement Benefit14,000Carer's Benefit3,000Guardian's Payment (Contributory)1,000

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Well, I'm going to say you're incorrect here 😎 The telephone allowance of €2.50 was not doubled 😋

Ok. That’s a disgrace. How are people on SW supposed to manage?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Noted.

That info was published 2 days ago. Budget Day was 27th of September. No answer from the DoSP to my mail sent on the day after the budget. No precise info here either until today. Easy to google for it now when it is finally available somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭limos

Hi i only got carers in august but will i be entitled to the €500 carers grant lump sum as i havent received a grant this year

On the day after the budget all the details still had to be finalized and that took until late last week to tidy up because the amounts had been only agreed literally the night before.

Nobody could have answered your email because nobody knew exactly when or how much it was going to be.

It’s amazing.

It doesn’t matter what people get in the budget there will always be some people crying and moaning and whinging that it’s not fair. And begrudging others.

Im not saying that’s you, but it’s a fact.

You say you are on IB and it looks like it’s for some time now. Can I advise you that you should/could apply for IP before your entitlement runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭hawthorne

I am not begrudging anybody. I am only annoyed about the bad information policy of the government departments. It is not only the DoSP- it is the lot of them. You might get an automatic answer or a "secretary" telling you the minister will be back to you shortly with an answer. But that rarely happens. The media only hand out wishy washy stuff- nothing detailed. Sensationalism is the name of the game. I do not believe for one second that the figures were not known until only very recently. The department could have published a complete list of all schemes qualifying for the double pay on budget day. That was known since the night they government parties agreed on handing out a double payment. Instead they praised themselves about the good job they are doing. I am sure it will be the same the next time. This is not the first and not the last time people got no info about those special payments until the lot was actually over. I do not understand how they cannot get that act together.

Thanks for the offer with the IP. I will be reaching pension age soon and will switch over to the contributory pension- that will solve some problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I was looking at the FA and HBP budget measures, and I was thinking is this not going to spur EU/UK pensioners to migrate here? Purely for the financial benefits.

That’s an interesting take. The HBP and the fuel allowance combined averages out at an extra €26 per week per household per year.

Do you think pensioners are going to leave their homes their families and their way of life to come and live in Ireland for an extra €26 per week?

Would you?

Also, where will these pensioners live? If they get sick how will they get treatment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement