Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Results is Simple

Options
  • 26-09-2022 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

The following is from my free newsletter, and is aimed at people who are newer to lifting and confused as hell as to what to do:

Training can be really confusing. On an average day online, I'd wager that most of you are bombarded with at least 10-20 radically different strong opinions on what you should be doing to get results. Some examples:

"Don't waste your time on back squats" 

"You're wasting your time if you don't back squat" 

"You need to train at least 4 days a week if you're serious" 

"Two days a week is enough!" 

"Stretching is a must if you care about your joint health!" 

"Stretching is overrated!" 

Basically, if you followed every piece of advice you see online, you're going to end up flip flopping and chopping and changing things a lot, as the info directly contradicts itself. And this is at the root of your issues. 

All That Matters

The issue here is not the method you're choosing, it's the lack of choice and commitment to one thing

You see, most popular, time-proven methods will work as long as they follow basic principles. The details people shout about online rarely matter for the average person.

Every method has flaws, and there are certainly some that I dislike more than others. But the reality is that if a coach has been around for over a decade and has helped lots of people, you can almost certainly get good results from following them. 

What you need to realise is that for 90%+ of people, their sticking point is not that their plan is imperfect, it's that they never stick to any plan. 

You Gotta Believe

My number one piece of advice is to simply choose someone or something that you believe in wholeheartedly, and **** run with it. Take their advice, workout plans etc., and follow it to a tee. Embrace the fact that there will be stuff in there that's suboptimal or maybe even unnecessary. None of that matters.

What matters is that you show up consistently and execute the plan. That will immediately set you apart from almost everyone else who programme hops every few weeks. 

From there, it's just a matter of waiting until you hit a real sticking point in your progress. Then you'll have enough experience to know the right questions to ask and what needs to be fine tuned. 

Advertisement