Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Italian government with fascist roots

Options
12345679»

Comments

Maybe publicise it and explain to people that the future prosperity of the country is directly linked to the birth rate.

If people were told in plain English that by having kids they could help the country and avoid third world immigration, I think we'd be surprised at the reaction.

If plain old patriotism or economic self-interest (long-term) don't work? Open up a 5 year scheme to give people a cash boost by having kids. Either a one-off payment or a temporary increase to the monthly child benefit. Surely this would pay for itself if it really is so critical to the pension problem.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

cezanne threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Stupid comment. I never claimed she had any such policy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Then why say Rwanda ? it was a double dig one at the UK and one At a party that's not liked by some. Along the lines of first they came for the immigrants nonsense. Have we videos of vans grabbing them off the street ? or was it lies.

No. Noone lied about Rwanda. You are making things up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Yes they did Italy has no policy or connection to doing it. The lie is there in black and white.

You're embarrassing yourself here and making yourself look stupid here. Go back and actually read the conversation because your interpretation of it is completely and utterly wrong.

Terry Pratchet

No i'm not embarrassing myself I did not make a quip about something Italy cannot do. I see we can't play the ball these days. Sad really. 😀

Exactly. You've gone from saying I lied about a policy to saying I made a quip. Big diffference and You had to back down when challenged because you knew you were wrong.

Post edited by Annasopra on

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tbf it's the so called left who have a problem with Jews in this country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Has she attempted to impose government control on the flow of information yet, like any good fascist would?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Give her a chance, eh.

"The newly elected legislature will be seated on 13 October; Meloni will likely take office as Prime Minister shortly after."

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

I'd say her friend Silvio can help out on that

Terry Pratchet

Well, she could put a phone call into Jacinta Ardern in New Zealand, she's been preaching about the importance of state controlled media for some time, you know how fascists love to control what citizens are allowed to see in their media!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

"that's only bad when people we don't like do it".

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

For the centre to right in Italy, there is an obvious appeal to someone like the PM.

In a struggling economy, with a proud nation many probably feel that their concerns around immigration (among other issues) haven't been listened to.

Italy is at the coal face of immigration into Europe across the Mediterranean. As a nation they don't have full control over it and this new government have been the result of this section of society not been listened to.

From someone from a religious/traditional background changes in policy AND how they are discussed in areas such as abortion, transgender issues etc have become toxic.

As a society the only way to solve issues us rational thinking and the appliance of reason and a willingness to compromise.

Both sides instead resort to emotive language and reside in echo chambers. That is way Meloni has appeal, she taps into people who feel unheard with emotive language and the odd quote.

An ironic thing with people on the left supporting immigration is the vast majority of immigrants from Indian subcontinent, Black Africans will be in the majority more right wing the your average European.

Podcast below from a Ghana national, pretty right wing but had a reasoned take in issue like modern family live, immigration etc.

Her take on the view that black people should be pro quotas, left wing is interesting and worth hearing. I wouldn't agree with it all but she's worth a listen

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6eLwUgWshNb6XZwR2guWoq?si=9o8MRAXYRR-0G82EUp-LNg&utm_source=copy-link

There's a massive f'king difference between having state controlled media, and only having state controlled media.

Or would you rather have a Rupert Murdoch and other assorted rich cnuts media monopoly?

Ha ha haaa....I've heard it all now.

"There is a f##king massive difference between having state controlled media and only having state controlled media"...except there isn't a difference at all...cursing doesn't do anything for your argument.

We effectively had State Controlled media over the two years of Covid, the media only survived on State Support...there was no difference between RTE of the Times or Newstalk.

As a consequence, our health bureaucrats were able to impose some of the harshest restrictions on our 5 million citizens, some of those restrictions were farcical and no one get to face any awkward questions.

There is a very uncomfortable truth that our society doesn't seem to be aware of, we are probably witnessing as much censorship as the poor Russian citizens (albeit that there is a difference what/who is being censored).

Global leaders in this part of the world have tried to, or are attempting to censor dissenting voices all the time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

When the EU were reaming us during the baillout our media consisted of RTE, which might as well be Pravda, and the rest was owned by Dinny OBrien

Not a word from the EU about state controlled media when its pushing their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

So, she has no idea nor policies according to the left commentators on this thread... but she's a fascist. Some mental gymnastics going on.

• Advertisement

@Large bottle small glass From someone from a religious/traditional background changes in policy AND how they are discussed in areas such as abortion, transgender issues etc have become toxic.

That lot, in Italy, in Ireland, and elsewhere, are struggling to cope with the fact that they can no longer impose their view upon the whole of society.

I'll break out my micro-violin.

You didn't read my post. You saw certain words which triggered you to go off on an entirely irrelevant rant.

I quoted your post, word for word...we all read it!!! You don't seem to be grasping how serious it is when Governments attempt to control media through whatever means. We have seen this in the last year or two, in places like the US, Canada, New Zealand, to name but a few. The new leader of Italy hasn't even taken office and already she is labelled a fascist, when she starts freezing the bank accounts of protesting Italians or attempting to control citizens access to media then I'll be back on here calling her a fascist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

"left commentators" 🤣

But. Go on the, list them. In your own good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Advertisement