Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Care and Wellbeing parenting in autism programme

Options
  • 27-09-2022 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I am in my first year of a Masters in Applied Behavioural Analysis and am doing a Behavioural Project.

The aim of this project is to measure baseline well being and baseline self care behaviours, implement an intervention to teach self care skills, such as bullet journalling, progressive muscle relaxation and plans for next day. It is hoped that active planning will increase self care behaviours.

The ultimate aim is to develop a self administer self care measurement pack to assist those parenting alone in partucular or main carers.

It could serve as a first stage intervention.

Your general comments would be appreciated.

I only need one for now but in future I may need more.

I would like to use the scientific principles of ABA to train adults.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

"I would like to use the scientific principles of ABA to train adults."

Are you looking for autistic adults? Or neuro-typical parents of autistic children, who feel they may not be coping with the additional challenges and need intervention?

Advertisement