Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-built PC from Irish retailer, budget €2000

Options
  • 27-09-2022 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to have a company build a decent PC for me, it's been a few years since I built a PC so am out of the loop with recent hardware specs. I've looked at the likes of custompc.ie but don't know where to start with a build spec, so advice most welcome thank you.

This PC will be for a mix of game development using Unreal Engine 5, 3D modelling and rendering using Blender, some VR applications and some gaming. I need to purchase it from an irish retailer (tax reasons!) and would prefer to have it built and warrantied. Thanks in advance!

1. What is your budget? €2000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? 3D modelling (Blender), 3D game development (Unreal Engine 5), VR (compatibility with 4k headsets a major bonus), games such as Minecraft (with ray tracing mod) and similar.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 3840x2160, no plans to upgrade

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? None required

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? This week

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin, but happy to purchase from any builder in Ireland

Comments

Advertisement