Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Under-20's 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Shehal

A big yellow, the English 8 is probably England's best player at getting over the gainline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yellow for England with a possible upgrade - Clear high shot to the head so might be a full red.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Aus are much better in attack. They've wasted two maul opportunities, ought to be ahead of England

• Registered Users Posts: 69,119 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Huge mistakes from Aus here when they have a man advantage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

They are getting minced at the scrum though, giving away penalties at every put-in it seems.

Australia should have a try by now. You get the feeling if England get a chance or 2 similar to Australia they wont be anywhere near as wasteful. Like its been said here it feels inevitable before England get the BP try.

I do like that Yellow card review process - Just avoids all the on-field delays and the endless replays in the stadium etc.

Nice and clean.

such a massive disparity in judging these high tackles. That one and the one by the Welsh player in the 1 match seemed clear as day reds. You have 3? Irish players on suspension so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Amazing how Australia never have a working set piece at any level

• Advertisement

The good thing is Australia need to win so will be pushing hard

The bad thing is Australia still need 2 tries so might try rush things and risk conceding an intercept or something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Doesn't seem to actually get upgraded anywhere near enough though.

Australia great to watch going forward. Just keep it down in the England 22 please!!

Aus lineout has been abysmal

I still get the feeling England will get one last chance to score and fear they will take it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 69,119 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Aus butchering this

4 minutes to go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

I can see England getting their BP try from some loose Aus play as they chase the BP or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

A Mish mash team, several debuts and a bonus point win! Not a great performance and certainly lots of work ons.

We have unearthed another good player in Foxe! He's very good. I agree that the wings were poor. But there is a lot for this squad to deal with at the moment. People bashing these lads is ridiculous. It's a very good side. Expectations are high, that's true and rightly so. But circumstances this week have put a cloud over the squad. Emotionally they must be at their limit.

Every team makes mistakes. Every team has poor days. These lads wone on a poor day. Give it a rest and enjoy the rugby.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tinter Box

🤗 good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Go on Oz finally

Try time!!!!!

Yes!!..

Try Australia!

great score there

Like I said the good thing is England are out if the lose so they might just settle for 3 tries and scrape the win to ensure they make the semi rather than risk losing it so they get a higher seeding.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

well well well

aus try

australia 22 - 22 England

2 mins left

I genuinely dont care who wins just so long as England dont get a TBP! Neither side will kick it out obviously so we need to hope someone screws up now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

strangely I think that Aus try mightnt be good for Ireland...forces england to really try and score another try,.

Advertisement