Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Solar generator setup

Options
  • 27-09-2022 4:14pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Portable off-grid setup for home and trips away on the boat. So I didn't want to build a whole new solar set up like I have on the boat but something more plug and play that I could use at home to heat the house, cook the dinner and charge all the medical equipment if the power went out but could also just be unplugged and plugged into the solar panels on the boat. Although this may not be the cheepest way of doing it I find it works for me and gives the most charging options, I went for a Solar generator called a Bluetti "AC200 max" from https://www.bluettipower.eu/products/ac200max and thanks to Mike Clinton and Cozy Campers I got 6x 140w monocristaline panels and a D4 diesel heater.

Don't you just love getting big brown boxes delivered 😀

I am putting the heater just outside the back door so I can heat my work space or the house.

I won't go into all the details on this bit of kit this guy can do a better job for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wobWeulrTrM

Basic rundown

*Capacity: 2048Wh for AC200MAX. LFP Battery with life cycle 3500+ to 80%.

*Expandable with up to 2 battery modules.

*Up to 6,144Wh with 2×B230’s, or 8,192Wh with 2×B300’s

*2,200W pure sine wave AC inverter, Surge 4800W.

*Up to 900W solar input rate and 500W adapter input, 1400W in total.

*Smart App control & monitor.

The D4 runs around 12-13 w and that is well covered by the panels even when its raining.

My panels are putting out 600w plus when the sun is out, I can add more panels if needed and bring in 1400w of power in total, down the road I might add extra battery packs that are also just plug in.

I put 4 panels in parallel and 2 in series just to keep the voltage down a bit although I believe the Bluetti can take in 145v.

Edit

Comment

Advertisement