Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age gap Lady 49 & Guy 35

• 28-09-2022 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 10 Loreal12

I've known him for about 2 yes,but only started chatting to him very recently alone. Could have stayed all night chatting to him, afterwards I was saying to myself why on earth would he stay chatting as he's surely got better things to be spending his time. I've also noticed he smiles at me and leans towards me when chatting. Asked him to transport an item for me last week, he took the long way home and was in no hurry to stop chatting afterwards. As he was leaving we both looked at each other for a few moments, saying nothing before he left. The only way to describe him as a male version of myself, we certainly wouldn't have any issues regarding interests. I've an 19yr old and he's got 4 kids (same mum), youngest about 8. I've no issue regarding him having 4:kids,if anything I'd feel he'd be more mature regarding life experiences. The only taught I'd have is he's a local and everyone would know him... I've said nothing to him yet... He was also saying he's going to an event last weekend on his own, think he was expecting me to ask could I join him. My query is am I imagning it or is there something there between the two of us?

Post edited by Loreal12 on

Comments

Hit that 😅

• Both single I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Loreal12

Yes both single.

• Administrators Posts: 14,332 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

What do you mean you don't act your age? What age do you think you act, and how do you think that compares to another adult? 14 years isn't a huge difference at your ages. You are both pretty well established adults. If he was 25 and you were claiming not to act your age then you might fit better with a 25 year old, but I'd hope at mid 30s and late 40s there shouldn't by much of a difference maturity wise.

Ask him out for a drink. Go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Loreal12

What I meant by acting my age I'm into interests and get an adrenaline rush that well at least my family would describe as boring. eg loud modified cars. (Im not talking about drugs, I don't even smoke) p.s. I deleted the acting my age bit, not able to describe it in my own words.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,332 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Hobbies and interests span all ages. I know people in their 60s into loud modified cars! You are 2 adults. The age difference isn't that big at your ages. He's pretty much a middle aged man! But you seem to have an issue with it. You seem to think he's some youngfella who wouldn't be able for the locals knowing about his love life.

If you like him, and you are getting vibes that he likes you - go for it. No reason not to.

• At times like these I take the opportunity to quote one of my all time fav songs and its words of advice.

"never wait or hesitate

Get in kid, before it's too late

You may never get another chance"

("The Killing of Georgie", Rod Stewart).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Don’t see that significant age differences are much of a thing at all once people are past 30 - he has 3 kids, he’s not a baby fresh out of school. Its probably not the case he’s desperate for more children which is often a reason men seek a younger partner. Why not just go with it and see what happens and use your own judgement to see if he wants the same things as you as time goes on - eg one or other of you might just be looking for a physical thing: A man only 5 years younger than me on tinder told me he was looking for the ‘older woman experience’ so I told him where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I think it's a bit of an age gap but some people pull it off looks and maturity wise. At the end of day, life is too short to worry what others think, if you see potential between you two, go for it

Age gap has never been an issue in my relationship either (10 years). So it would not automatically be a reason to hold back I think! The only thing I would say is that if there is anything about a relationship that puts it outside the "norms" for some reason - and age gaps are one of those - then you should probably be more aware of the importance of "communication" within the relationship itself.

It's something I think is important and key to every relationship of course. But experience direct and second hand has always told me it becomes more important the more diverse a relationship is from what people might imagine is "normal".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

40 years married this week wife 12 years older than me think it can work ;-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement