Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air to water pump outside

• 28-09-2022 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick query, we have recently moved into a new build house. The outside component of the air to water pump is halfway up wall outside (of a two storey house). I have only ever seen this on the ground outside.

Just want to see if this is okay or should we ask the builder to move it? I am already having some concerns regarding such a large unit and it being blown off the wall in a storm!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

A heat pump is like an AC unit. In fact many heat pumps run as AC units during summer. Think of all the AC units on walls outside shops & offices.If don't correctly it's perfectly safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

While Id think it's safe, I cant see how it would make any maintenance easier? Especially anything routine like cleaning. Although there may be some advantages or at least a reason for it, are other properties nearby done similarily? Has it possibly been done this way as some kind of a compromise, ie space or lack of? or proximity to something at ground level. Have seen plenty like this on commercial buildings,but only one or two on residential properties, imo they look poor mounted high like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lemonee_

Thank you both for your response. Yes for example the emergency shut off is also at that height.

From what I can see on the other houses, they are also placed at this height. For our garden anyway, there is no issue with space if it were placed on the ground.

I agree that it looks poor, and as before am concerned re. bad weather!

Thanks again for your input!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭DBK1

It makes no difference to the heat pump itself and as said already if it’s properly mounted it’s not a safety issue either.

Some people prefer them that way and some prefer them on the ground. Personally I prefer them at ground level and mounted on feet to the ground. When wall mounted you can sometimes hear the vibration through the wall of the pump when it’s working although if it’s not on a bedroom wall that shouldn’t cause problems.

The emergency switch being up that high would worry me more. If there is a need to switch it off in a hurry some day you don’t want to have to be going looking for a ladder to get to it. I would be asking about getting the switch lowered if I were you.

Advertisement