Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECC hours deduction on creche fees

• 28-09-2022 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a question on how creches deduct the 3 free hours of ECC from their charges.

We have a had a child is creche doing 3 half days. Being charged €100 for that. Which works out at 6.25 for 16 hours.

He has just started ecc and is being charged €61.30 now. The creche is deducting the €12.90 they receive per day from government from our bill for those 3 days.

So for 7 hours we are now paying €8.75.

I thought we would be paying 6.25 for those 7 hours and the fee would be €43.75

Otherwise the 3 "free" hours is not free. We are subsiding those 3 hours.

Is this standard practice with creches?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Does your child stay in creche during the off weeks from ECCE? i.e. summer holidays, mid-term breaks etc? Could be that the creche is level paying across those times as well. I know our creche does this so we end up paying the same amount every month instead of it going up & down all the time. Worth asking the creche for a breakdown of fees & ask them are the levelling the fee out.

Advertisement