Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few photos from Gibraltar Airport

Options
  • 28-09-2022 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭

One of the fun things about visiting Gibraltar is that the airport runway crosses the only road into and out of the territory. This probably explains why there are only a few flights each day :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭p_haugh

They're currently working on a new road/tunnel at the eastern end of the runway to replace this crossing, you can see it under construction on Google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Yeah, it has been under construction for more than a decade.

Whether it's a replacement or a supplement remains to be seen though – it's almost a mile of detour for people heading into the city centre, to the point that I imagine a lot of people – particularly pedestrians – would prefer to continue crossing the runway if that option remains available.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Advertisement