Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal sending offer emails with click button

Options
  • 28-09-2022 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Surely this is a bad idea being directed to the website with a offer button in my email app

Does it not encourage phishers to try and mimmick the offer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I wouldn't even trust that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Hmm ya now that you mention it what can ya trust

I logged in via my PayPal bookmark and the offer was there on the website so it is genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

I had the same concerns about phishers and logged in using the normal PayPal site. The €3 offer was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ya I have the €3 in the balance but I thought we were being encouraged to login only via our bookmarked website

This all seems to be encouraging customers to blindly click on redirect buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't click links in unsolicited emails. For a service like PayPal just log in separately to your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

You only got E3.00? I got E5.00 !

• But a scammer can see a genuine offer on a website, partly clone it to siphon money into scammer account and send link by dodgy email with a very similar domain name. You can’t be up to the more elaborate ones.

Advertisement