Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters

• 28-09-2022 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

I'm new to boxing, took it up recently after retiring from rugby due to lower back injury (which is stable).

I'm loving the fitness aspect of boxing, and doing my best with the technical aspects -- I regret not doing more Irish dancing back in national school! I love sparring, which I've started in a very limited way with my coach and a couple of the folks in the club.

What I'm wondering about is whether there's any route to progress past sparring, for a 40+ guy. I never boxed when I was younger, I know that's an issue. Is there any kind of masters level either in existence or possibly coming into existence at some point?

Advertisement