Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post -addresspal

Options
  • 29-09-2022 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭

Anyone have much experience using address pal?

I purchased an item I wanted on ebay UK , used address pal. A particular used polo shirt so a cheap item but not available any place else really. Total including postage was £7.92 , so approx €9.50

I got email this morning with customs to be paid of €7.31

Item value down as €16.59 so vat of €3.81 plus admin fee of €3.50

Just wondering why would item have been valued at €16.59 for customs purposes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

If they haven't connected you, you can email them AddressPal.Invoices@airbusiness.com with a screen shot of the purchase and total payment. Don't forget that addersspal charge your €6.50 to send your item to Ireland and this is added to your total cost. The €3.50 charge is AnPost's handling charge for the duty/vat.

Addresspal is really only good for items of a higher value. Don't blame them or AnPost, but Brexit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭big_drive

Thanks. I knew I'd be paying the 6.50 + 3.50 . Didn't mind that really as I just wanted the item even though it's cheap it's hard to find and more a collector item. But was confused to see it valued like that

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Gamergurll

The address pal fee is included in the valuation for the customs fee so what you were charged doesn't sound too wrong unfortunately. As a previous online buying addict since Brexit I have changed my ways,of course my purse is happier 😂 cheaper items aren't worth the costs involved and I usually pass or find the item elsewhere, though it sounds like you wouldn't have found the shirt somewhere else. It sucks sorry you were caught out 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

The figure is 100% correct.

Vat is applied on the landed value.

Landed value includes every cost involved in getting it to Ireland.

That is an international format that applies in virtually every country on all imports.

Thanks. Ya was hardly worth it in end but lesson learned

The item was only £4 before postage

But whole thing has cost me around €25 🫣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

i got a text and email yesterday saying 13€ due for customs or theyll have to send it. Ack. Today i got a text saying due for delivery tomorrow. Is this charge due or not? Not sure why charge due for headphones outchased for £40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭JVince

if you buy from outside the eu, you pay vat. €13 sounds about right for £40 (23% + 3.50 fee)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

but why are they saying delivered tomorrow if i havent paid. I have until the end of the month. Due regardless of delivered or not i guess

You sure it was a legit text and not a scam

Advertisement