Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast for 40

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

You too😊

Yeah its here

Started it when I was doing my 1st marathon in 2019, all my highs & lows are in there & lots of waffle too🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

🤣🤣🤣 We could probably safely assume most logs have lots of waffle, I know this one does!! 🤣🤣

Thanks I'll give it a read!! 😁

The Dunshaughlin 10k finished out that week for me. It was a light enough week given I was managing shin splints the weekend previous. So got out for a tempo type session and an easy run pre Dunshaughlin.

June 13 - 10.67km@4:52/km

This was 25mins@4:40/km with 2 mins jog and 4x20sec strides off 40sec jog, bookended by 10mins easy to start and finish.

June 14 - 7.43km@5:24/km

June 17 - Dunshaughlin 10k - PB 40:13

Weekly total: 30km

June 19 - 25

Struggled to get any sort of run in this week. Week started off with the youngest getting tonsillitis, and had to go on antibiotics and the older one was off from the child minded foe the second week running so was pretty hectic at home so running took a back seat!! Also, was the youngests christening on the Saturday so had family over to the house and a couple of friends so had some drinks and an enjoyable evening!

Only managed 19km for the week.

June 21 - 8.19km@5:28/km

June 22 - 10.96km@4:34/km - progrssion run, 10mins, 15@4:30/km, 15@4:15/km, 10mins

Sometimes you need a down week I guess and with a couple of successful weeks behind me, I don't mind too much!!

Have started this week off well so should be back to a full week this week.

Not sure what the next few months have in store but think I may not be doing another marathon this year and might just focus on shorter stuff, 10mile, half etc. I hadn't signed up for Dublin, and wasn't too bothered with it anyway and the only other real option for me would be Galway and that doesn't really get me too excited, though might do the half there.

Might just build up the mileage a bit and do some races at those distances and then work towards a big year next year.

What I'm thinking is Amsterdam next year as my main A goal race and maybe somewhere like Limerick marathon next Spring as sort of a tune up and see where I'm at.

All this is subject to change though but that's what I'm thinking at the moment, though all suggestions appreciated!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well done on the 10k PB - fabulous. Absolutely normal to struggle the week afterwards, especially if you are nursing that shin splint issue. Recover well and good luck with the next phase, whatever it turns out to be.

Thanks very much, the shin splint issue has passed which is great, think the rest helped and probably needed a bit of a mental break as well. Have decided against another marathon this year so will be doing some 10mile and half marathon races.

Only have my eye on one of each at the moment but will see what else is upcoming in the next few months and hopefully get a few of each in while still getting a good base in and really attack a couple of marathons next year!

• Advertisement

June 26. - July 2

Back to a full week which feels good. After my session this week my legs were feeling it, didn't try anything crazy on my long run, an easy/steady pace which capped off a good week.

Mon June 26

4.68km@5:23/km 25mins

Tue June 27

8.8km@5:07km 45mins

Wed June 28

5x5mins@4:00/km pace off 90sec jog with 10mins easy to start and finish for a total of 11.41km@4:36/km 52:30mins. This felt tough enough, tougher than the 10km at this pace, which I actually take some solace from. Sometimes on these runs I worry I'm not hitting a pace or on track for a target race, but I'm running these on my own and often deal with wind on this route so very happy with this type of session now and understand it a bit more after a few races too!!

Thurs June 29

8.9km@5:37/km - feeling the session in the legs a bit today so took it easier than usual. 50mins

Sat July 1

21.72km@4:57/km 1hr47mins - was supposed to be 21km but tried a new route and was a touch longer!!

Weekly total: 55.5km

First half of year to end of June: 1,181.3km

In the same period last year I ran 829.4km and was struggling with little niggles I was picking up. Hopefully the consistency continues!!

Advertisement