Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comments disappearing

Options
  • 29-09-2022 8:37pm

Hi as per the title of this thread, for some reason some of my comments have disappeared from threads after I have posted I haven't received any warnings for said posts so I'm not sure if it's something I have said wrong or a general issue with the site.

The most recent post that disappeared was in the global recession thread in the current affairs forum.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It may be a bit over-simplified but are you sure you posted? Have you checked your drafts to see if they are still there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Does it match what's discussed in this thread:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I deleted one of your posts from that thread. Probably should have warned you for going off topic, but decided a straight deletion was appropriate

Of course, as I'm sure you know, there are two of us doing virtually all of the modding in that forum, and you could have just dropped us a PM. Equally it was pretty obvious you were going off at a tangent, not discussing the thread topic, but wanting to drag Biden into it, with no intention whatsoever of linking it to any economic matters - just trying that old trick of implying some mental deficiency

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I've had a few posts deleted without any explanation the past few months. Can Boards, possibly in the long term, add a feature where users are notified of the deletion and reason for it?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well you know what to do already, based on my prior response

• Advertisement

Is there a process to challenge why a post has been deleted? Straight deletion because one person (or you) didn't like it seems a bit harsh and tyrannical.

PM a mod to discuss

But no more formal appeal is available

This policy of deleting comments should be changed..

It's not on..

Agreed, this is making me consider closing my Boards account, been here for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

It's their site, they can do what they like. You're not paying to be here.

• Advertisement

It's not changing.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement