Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talksport via satellite

• 29-09-2022 10:54pm

Talksport on my sky HD box is carrying epg data but no audio in my other channels tab here in ROI. It was removed from the main epg ch 0108 after Brexit so wonder if it’s now blocked here via the added channels too! Anyone else affected?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

No problem getting Talksport on a non-Sky enigma box.

Works on a non sky satellite box I have! Must be blocked here on sky the same way as ch4 is sometimes blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It wouldn't be as Talksport isn't encrypted. Channel 4 on Sky in Ireland however is encrypted so they can block if needed.

Anyone else still able to receive it here on Sky? I tried deleting it from the Other Channels and rebooting the box but the same result. Seems to be just Talksport thats effected!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

For the sake of clarity, Talksport is FTA on 11582 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I just added it for the first time in Other Channels. Same result - no audio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Working perfectly on Satellite Free to air box.

It's funny that sky blocked it, as you can listen for free on Internet radio or on the Talksport app in Ireland.

I also think it's available on YouTube.

MW radio along the East Coast is also a reasonable reception.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭mike2084

Working fine here on a Sky+HD's other channels. This is all very weird sounding.

Talksport working again on my sky + box from the other channels menu. The internet stream has Irish commentary and the satellite is Uk although both from the same station!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Hi lads, wasn’t sure where to put this. I have TalkSPORT via other channels on a Sky+ box. Noticed yesterday morning it was working fine but by last night it had gone off completely. Tried the FTA codes but it wasn’t appearing in the search, other channels were. Is there a new code or has it even been wiped completely?

• Advertisement

Talksport moved to 11553 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Lovely stuff, can’t miss an Alan Brazil rant about anything and everything at 7am

Advertisement