Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have it all.. But

Options
  • 29-09-2022 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Before I start, I'm not bragging in saying this but I have a girlfriend who ticks all the boxs. I really do have it all with her. I'm punching, no doubt about it.

I am mad about her. She's really into me and wants to settle down. I find the whole idea boring. I'm 32 for what it's worth, she's a bit younger.

I always loved meeting new girls and what it brought,the thrill etc. I long to meet random girls for dates, not necessarily all about the sex but in all honesty it probably is a big part of it. I do enjoy the social aspect of it too, getting to know them and having a laugh, being carefree. I've hurt girls in the past which does make me feel like a loser.

I'm not gonna meet anyone better than what I have, I'm just probably a little bored in a relationship but realise that's what all long term relationships will be.

Am I just a childish dope who needs to realise what he has and should I just grow up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

She seems like a keeper to me, but if you're not entirely happy with her it would be extremely unfair to mess her around.

• Yes you’re right, you need to grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

You're a childish dope, but at least you realise it.

I get what you mean though, there is a nice thrill and variety to dating, and that fades over time in a longer term relationship.

I really thing a relationship is what you make it, and it seems like your gf is a keeper, so work to keep things fresh and interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Without sounding like a tired old HR professional, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Do you see yourself still chasing women? Do you want to have a wife / kids? Do you want to settle down at all in the future, or do you see yourself living a carefree lifestyle in your 50s or 60s? Do you see a time where you have responsibilities and want to build a life with another person? There's no right answer to these questions - the thrill of the chase will probably wane. With a relationship there are different thrills and challenges, shared experiences etc etc

This is a weird statement though:

"I've hurt girls in the past which does make me feel like a loser."

Do you feel like a loser for just breaking up with them? I'm sure it was raw at the time but there's a fair chance they have all moved on and found what they are looking for with someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

"I'm not gonna meet anyone better than what I have"

Alarm bells should start to ring for your girlfriend and yourself. You don't settle down with a woman because you're not going to get anyone better. Relationships are much more complex than that.

"I'm just probably a little bored in a relationship but realise that's what all long term relationships will be."

Well this relationship is off to a wonderful start. I can't think of anything that possibly could go wrong. (SARCASM)

I feel sorry for the lady in this and for you, well you said so yourself. Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Kurooi

How old is this relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I hate to point out the obvious but you can still stay in a long term relationship and keep chasing and having fun on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Break up with her, what's the point of going out with her,

Sounds like you feel like you "need" to have girlfriend but don't want one, I know there a lot of hassle when breaking up with someone its a real lifestyle change & having to explain to everyone what's gone on and all that ****, I honestly think when you meet your missus you'll know and won't want to act the maggot any more,

The best solution is do what makes ye happy, b

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Schnooks

You sound a bit like this fella OP -

Good luck with whatever road you go. But if you're not madly into her, then don't lead her down the path. I'm speaking as someone who stayed too long in relationships that I shouldn't have because I "was punching" higher than my level with very attractive women who were not suited to me i.e it was all about looks.

You'll find your own way and will make lots of mistakes like we all do, but will know when you really meet "the one".

Advertisement