Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council House - is this positive?

Options
  • 30-09-2022 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,

I'm a single mother, rented for 12 years now and working as a teacher.

I'm on the council list for 12 years. I declined a 2 bed apartment in 2020 as I was pregnant at the time and me and my partner had hopes to get a mortgage.

This relationship subsequently ended.

I moved back in with my parents 3 mths ago to save more.

I recently received a call out to the house from a member of the housing department. Showed them my circumstances. She gave nothing away and said she was visiting a number of people that day to assess suitability for a home becoming available soon.

That was 3 weeks ago. I contacted my local TD who said he received a response from the housing department stating I'm "activity being considered" for the property.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a positive sign?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, it is.

Not a guarantee though, it will depend on your needs vs others on the list at the time.

But your income must be under the limit for social housing at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shhk11

Thanks, I'm doing job share at the moment so just under the limit.

Advertisement