Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intreo Question

• 30-09-2022 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Has anyone being to these intreo employment and training information fair recently that the department are holding across the country. They being held nationwide in counties Dublin Limerick Kildare laois separately. Are they useful and helpful and if you don't attend will you get in trouble. I might not be able to attend, will I be penalised because of this. Letter says something about registration. Does anyone have any info on them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

If you don’t go to this they’ll send you to something else very similar very very soon. Hospitality and retail are on their knees looking for staff, and are very noisy about it on both radio and TV. The pressure is on SW to get people off jobseekers and into the jobs. The Minister is actually very involved in this, I hear on the grapevine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

There's no penalty, the registration is required to assess how many are attending. They are worth while from what I've heard but an over emphasis on Hospitality. If you can attend its worth the effort.

Hospitality have in essence now, stopped hiring, most busineses now struggling to pay staff let alone utility bills.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

No one is going to want to sign off between now and Christmas and loose potentially 816e.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Silke007

Thank for the info above.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Silke007

Thanks for the info above.

Post edited by Silke007 on

• Advertisement
Advertisement