Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help find a Youtube short film, 60's UK, cars/bikes

• 01-10-2022 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

The other night I watched a Youtube video on cafe racers and it reminded me of another video I saw a year or two ago, I tried to find it again without success and its been bugging me since, so I hope you can help. I'll try after hours if nothing comes up here.

Here are my memories of it - take everything with a big pinch of salt as I'm sure to have mixed thing up with other videos!

• 20-40 min long, B&W, set in England, perhaps London. I think it was a short film, but could be a doc. 60's or early 70's
    • About the lives of one or two main characters, one a biker the other perhaps a man about town type with an E Type
    • Pretty sure it starts with the biker sitting in traffic and his bike stalls and he can't get it going, people beeping at him
    • Cafe scene near the end
    • Might be a scene going through a tunnel
    • Love interest for one of them

I know it's a long shot!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Wow, thank you! That's it! I feel very silly now, I should have been able to find it, did you just search cafe racer or did you know it?

I'll watch it tonight with some vino :) LOL the E Type was actually a Merc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

When you mentioned a cafe scene, I wondered if it might be The Ace Cafe. (A famous biker hangout on The North Circular in London)

So I looked up Ace Cafe on Youtube, and that video was there.

Ironically it's not The Ace Cafe in the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Ah yes the Ace Cafe is very famous. Oddly I actually searched tunnel of love but got hits for a song, that is the actual name of the film, but the uploader titled it differently.

I won't spoil my viewing later, but I see Eddit Kidd is in it, sad story. I actually saw him I think behind Donnycarny chruch back in the 80's, if you know the area.

Thanks again, I might havea Rich Tea biscut in your honour too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Made a pilgrimage over to the Ace Café once upon a time, having read so much about it.

Nice bikes and cars , but one of the worst fry-ups I ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

That's disappointing and kills the slight interest I've had in doing that.

Advertisement