Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored by Your License Fee: The Late Late Show Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The many paying for the few as usual.

Then in this country when you do get a mortgage and can buy a house you actually have more consumer rights buying a €50 pair of jeans than a €350k house. If the blocks are defective or the house is lashed together with plastercine and piss it's on you only to resolve it and not the council who was supposed to inspect it that also received €30k (yes thirty thousand euro) to allow it to be built in their area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

M

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

WTAF is she doing on our Fri night chat show?! There's no way she was on the LLS research team's guest wish list and so that means her appearance was unsolicited. There's something absolutely rotten about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

One of the regulars will be here shortly to suggest that she's represented by Noel Kelly Management.

Maybe she’s represented by Noel Kelly Management?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭StevenToast

NKM

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Bang of Noel Kelly off her.

• Advertisement

Welcome home pussy hands...lets hope beasty doesnt find you😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Anyone remember the Kelly Show? UTV's answer to the LLS ran from the late 80s to the early 2000s. Well, it's back for an 8 week run put together by students at Belfast Metropolitan College. 9pm every Friday on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/bdNGg5NlubM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Thanks for the heads up on this, I'll give it a go.

Gerry Kelly is a decent skin from a gentler era before social media became the plaything of post ironic edgelords.

Hey I resent being called middle aged! Off with you, with your faint praise.

Is this your way of telling people you ran the marathon?

Weird approach. But well done. How'd you get on?

Can we get Gerry Kelly down here to replace tubridy....

Far superior to the DLB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

M

I notice recently there seems to be some kind of RTE disconnect to NIRL viewers, they were post Good Friday Agreement all over them trying to entice them in with including their own specific premium rate text numbers for viewers up there but this has now stopped. Was this an RTE decision or some law change up there stopping people at the gambling/being swindled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭RoTelly

It was a strange move to have a political figure first thing on TLLS on Friday night.

I wonder if this caused viewers to tune in and for other to tune out.

Those interested in LaGarde would have known it was going to be a soft interview, while those interested in TLLS might consider turning off.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I am not sure if the law changed or if RTÉ were asked to change their approach based on the law in NI.

Basically in NI the rule is that a competition of this kind must have some skill involved AFAIK, and RTÉ determined that these games have no skill required. Hence, rather than making the questions more difficult they chose to drop the phone line for NI viewers.

Easier to get callers in the Republic with a **** easy question. As a PBS you'd they'd choose to keep the NI rules.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

On tomorrow night's offering...

...a formalised plugfest (as opposed to the under the country Beggy Mitchelling which our gracious host engages in every weekday morning), as a platform is offered to Friends of the Show to present their wares and get a leg up for the Christmas season.

"The Late Late Show will be Taking Care of Business this Friday night as its annual special puts the very best of Irish produce and Christmas gift ideas in the spotlight."

Stunning and Brave.

"On this week's show, viewers will see 16 Irish entrepreneurs who have been selected from all corners of the country to showcase their products.

These brave innovators will demonstrate their tenacity and resourcefulness."

I won't name them all here, but Luke O'Neill who benefited from the €380m sale of a company he helped found, in 2020, does feature, and is hardly on the breadline, one would have thought.

Hey ho. At least Tubridy gets to play Santa with someone else's money again.

"The Late Late Show will be devoted to promoting the very best of what Irish businesses have to offer across various sectors and will exhibit a host of products from dozens of additional Irish businesses throughout the show.

Three deserving businesses will each be surprised with a €15,000 bursary - as well as plenty of surprises along with familiar faces on the night."

Music by a TikTok pianist. Yes, really.

€15,000?!....pffffft.....Tubridy makes more than that per show....chump change...

That's how his fees are described in RTE's books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Kelly Tonight link if anyone wants to watch it! Starts at 9pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FjL-sQfGYc&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Kittehs and Puppehs if anyone wants them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Can't afford to heat your home with the rising energy costs?

Why not at least warm yourself in a hot tub, at a reasonable price of course?

the models in the boat! 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hot Tubridy boat

M

Tubs must have backflipped off the boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Those 2 in the hottub look very 😄 to be in there swimwear in the middle of november

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement