Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored by Your License Fee: The Late Late Show Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This choice of Paul Brogan is an odd one. Obviously he was only picked because he is Bernard’s and to a lesser extent Alan’s brother, but even still he is not a celebrity. He was barely on the panel for any all Ireland win. There must be many other gaa lads who have retired in last few years they could have picked instead. Michael Murphy would have been a great choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Don’t think it’s a mandatory “situation”, there, M. The person can say no when asked if they want to do it.

You could list a number of, former, players who might have been a better choice but that they just might not want to do it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Watching the Mary Lou McDonald interview.

Advertising her a future Taoiseach, maybe the Irish people will have other ideas.

Then she goes on about being a woman and the first female Taoiseach, but one can question if she is the right woman to be Taoiseach, my opinion is definitely no.

Then the 'vote for change', as if change means it will be better.

She talks about preparing for a United Ireland, and yet she is unable to bring Unionists along even in a small way, due to still justifying IRA violence.

SF councillors blocked a lot of housing, then say they will fix a problem they helped to contribute to, so they could use it as a political tool.

Using the book to portray herself as a victim. Yet in Uni one can learn about influences from one's family when it comes to political figures.

The audience seemed a bit gullible with the cheering, laughing and clapping, but maybe they are SF supporters.

Overall a lightweight interview, Mary Lou McDonald knew what she was doing going on the LLS.

Still, most people have not heard of him or even seen him before. He came across as a bid odd on LLS, wearing those trousers. I know bodybuilders are a bit messed up in the heads with all the diet and supplements. He reminded me a bit of ‘The Bird’ from the field, a very pumped up Bird!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭RoTelly

The Great Toy Show Bounce 397,000 adult viewers for TLLS on Friday Night it's best audience so far this season.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

Mario Rosenstock - gets ready for Gift Grub Live ... at this stage you'd think RTÉ would grab him for 2fm Morning show.

Vogue Williams - OMG she has a podcast and its a SMASH.... oh and she has a tour coming up and a Children's Book.

Blackrock college suvivors Mark and David Ryan chat about there time in the school with a former pupil! (Ryan went to Blackrock).

GAA look back

And a live performance of Circle of Life from the Westend cast.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Reading the posts in here you’d swear the audience was half that and comprised only of disappointed, weeping children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Been years since i watched it, but didnt it used to get a million or near that?

• Advertisement

Reading social media I felt the same, but the line up was also good that week. If I were producing TLLS I would worry about Tub's performance with Mary Lou and Lenny H. I only saw some comments relating to Mary Lou where were to be expected as if he'd gone to hard he'd everyone would question why he wasn't has hard on the Taoiseach and the Tainiste when they were on, had he gone they way he did they were always going to say he went too soft. I don't remember any party leaders ever doing a one one one interview with Gay Byrne.

As for Lenny H, Tub's and Lenny for people who are fans of his routines with Gay Byrne were most likely going judge Tubs on that, but surprisingly I saw little or nothing on Social Media.

But those are the audience the next worry is did Tubs do enough to retain this number over the next 2 / 3 episodes.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Not Vogue Williams again. Only seems like a few weeks ago since she was on. She's so boring.

Bad lineup overall. Where are the actual celebrities?

Our TV licence pays for this crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Wow if they added Jason Byrne to that line up it would literally be the dream worst line up of all time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Allinall

Why in particular do you want celebrities?

They’re normally the most boring guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I would suggest it isn't the various celebrities that are the problem there. It's the common denominator that each of the celebrities have to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yet another terrible line-up. But it's getting predictable these days on a show that is many many years beyond it's sell by.

Rosenstock. Cue much hilarity and our host banging the desk complete with fake laugh at impressions we've been seeing since 2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Surely Brendan O'Carroll will make it on before year end for his annual appearance on the show direct from Florida, I'd say the 16th will be the last show before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Isn’t he/she coming home to fill the family coffers before heading back to Florida for the Christmas 🎅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Vogue Williams....jesus, they had that other unfunny mouthpiece from her podcast on a few weeks ago talking about their "hit" podcast and how "popular" it is......on again now to talk about the exact same shìte....unreal...

The old Brian O'Driscoll and Amy Huberman trick....appear on the LLS separately every couple of months, while both constantly promoting the other one in an awful attempt to stay relevant....

Mario Rosenstock on for his 50th appearance...Tubridy will dial the fake laughing up to 11 and smack the table from Marios impressions being so funny......the last time he was funny was 20 years ago....

It must be galling for the Irish TV licence fee payer.....I wouldnt know..... because I sure as shìt aint one of them!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement

Yet you keep watching for free.

I like your style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I won't be tuning in to see that Vogue one anyway.

What a timeline: becoming "famous" for being married to Brian McFadden, when that went kaput she forged her own career as a serious "journalist", which of course she packed in when she married a reality tv star swimming in money, but oh no, god forbid not being relevant, she has now carved out a turn as a "celebrity mom" with struggles every single normal mother couldn't fathom.

Her fame-seeking makes Meghan Markle look reserved and private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Apparently the 'star' beside the Moon last night was the planet Mars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,275 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think looking at fibridy advetiseing tonight's show which I will not be tuning in for even he looks bored and worried. I think at this stage he is just doing it for the money. It really desperately needs a new host and a revamp. I wonder what the viewing figures for it are now?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,086 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening y’all!

• G’d evening!

Hopefully Vogue was on one of the flights that got cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Vogue Williams is the sort of person I would generally dislike. Even the name brings out the best in the Irish begrudger. But for some reason I just look at her and think that she's not the worst and there's a lot worser she could be under the circumstances.

• Ryanair flights mainly, MOL too mean to pay de-icers. Vogue will arrive by private jet don’t you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,086 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The audience don't have to whoop for that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement