Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to bulk up and build muscle

Options
  • 02-10-2022 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hey buddies....i'm a newbie i'm 5.7ft tall and i currently weight 65KG which is not too attractive for my height that's why i need to bulk up asap and build muscle. i'll need advises from guys here or persons to buddy me bcos i really want to achieve double of my weight in 6 months and i know its possible, all ideas and routines are welcome, pls help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭CPTM

Your biggest battle will be in the kitchen. People in your position who find success usually follow a very consistent meal plan of 4000 calories a day. Going to the gym will be easy in comparison to this. Don't under estimate how difficult it is to eat the right stuff regularly. Apps like My fitness Pal can help you track that. But you need to prepare your meals, and don't allow any excuses to manifest themselves. Ensure you've time to cook, the Tupperware is clean, and the fridge is stocked.has to be everyday because your high metabolism will eat away any gains you've made if you stop for even 2 days.

Get a training programme from a professional who knows your goals. You just need a basic one. Don't increase the weight you're lifting unless you're doing all your sets in a slow controlled way. Go slow and steady or else you'll get injuries which set you back months. Lifting more weight in the gym doesn't necessarily mean you're getting stronger or putting on weight. If you act like a kid on that front you could end up going in the wrong direction. Slow your reps down for maximum results.

In terms of supplements, most people find success with protein and creatine and glutamine. I wouldn't worry about creatine until you're at least 1-2 months into training. It gives you extra strength which could lead to injury if you haven't got good form yet.

Finally, keep a track of your progress. Every little gain should be celebrated. It doesn't matter where or how much that gain is.. Small progress is still progress and you need to fight to hold on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

Bulking up gives lots of stress to your endocrine system and later in life you will have to pay back in a form of premature health issues that you normally wouldn't have at a healthy weight of 65kg. I wish you reconsider damaging healthy system.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Owenee

thanks for replies!! any else recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Go to your local gym and get a trainer for a few weeks. You'll fail if you go it alone at the start. Get them to make you a meal plan and either personal training or a training plan that suits your body type and your goals.

Then just follow the plans religiously. You have to be very strict with yourself since you're eating a lot more calories. Stop training and you get fat. Stop eating and you won't build muscle.

It's very doable, but you need to plan your life around your meals and gym time, at least for the first few months until you get into a routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Cill94

Great that you're starting, but you also need to temper your expectations of the time frame for this. It's simply not possible to double your bodyweight in 6 months without being morbidly obese (even then I'm not sure the human body can even gain fat at that rate). Regardless, it's a ridiculous plan.

Gaining muscle takes a lot of time and lot of patience. 5kg of actual lean mass added in your first year is very good going, and that's with great training and nutrition.

Find a reputable strength training programme you'll enjoy and spend a year doing that and trying to increase your calorie and protein intake as needed to keep making progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Owenee

thank you so much, I’ll definitely look into it!

For muscle build protein alone is not enough. higher cholesterol(fat) intake also had the highest muscle strength gain.

- Fat is the building block for steroid hormones e.g. testosterone, cortisol, estrogen, etc.

- Fat contains fat soluble vitamins and also help to absorb a variety of vitamins and macros.

- Fat contains CLA, butyric acid, caproic acid, caprylic, capric, lauric, myristic, palmitic, stearic, oleic, linoleic; Huge benefits from energy boost, young & beautiful looking skin to healthy cardiovascular & immune system.

Advertisement