Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant for Renovations

Options
  • 02-10-2022 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone might have some information, we have an elderly parent who has Alzheimer's, she is going downhill slowly and we want to move her into our house. At the moment we have a large sunroom and the plan is to convert that room and another into a "granny flat", so bedroom/sitting room/bathroom.

This was not planned and struggling to first off get a builder but for the money to convert. I was told yesterday that in this situation some grants are available? I have googled around but maybe I am reading wrong but it seems like they are available to renovate her house to allow her to stay in it, this is impossible as you can imagine

Just wondering if anyone knows if a grant is available? or am I chasing a pipedream

Comments

Advertisement