Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Refund

Options
  • 02-10-2022 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi, I bought an item from a company in Dublin. They said they'd send it once it arrived. When it arrived after two weeks it took them a further two weeks to send it one hour north to me. When it arrived it was the incorrect item. I gave it back, we resolved the issue and they'd order the proper item and send it down to me. They said they'd write me with an estimated day of delivery. A week has passed and they've failed to do this. I have the receipt for the purchase. Can I get a refund and what options are available to me if they refuse to give a refund or simply say they'll give it and then give me the runaround and don't give me the money back? It was no small amount of money. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It depends on how you paid.

If you paid by credit or debit card you can do a charge back for not providing what you ordered.

If you paid cash then you'll have to chase them, they can fob you off and delay the refund. You have the option of the small claims court if the item is less than €2,500 but getting the judgement is the easy part, getting money off people/companies is nearly impossible if they don't want to give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Firstly, have you contacted them and said you can't wait any longer and, due to the mistakes in their part, you wish to cancel and receive a refund?

If you haven't even asked for a refund, its a bit premature getting advise about charge backs and small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

well OP - my 1st piece of advice is to ask for a refund.

If they refuse follow their complaints procedure, and document everything you do.

Advertisement