Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Admin Password.

Options
  • 03-10-2022 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I lost my Admin password two years ago and recently for all updates I seem to need it.I use a basic account for laptop work,I have tried Google for ways around this and cannot reset it.I recenrly updated my Avast protection and thats even looking for Admin permission.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated .Thanks all.

Answers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Let's clarify some of the basic parts first.

I presume this in Windows, as implied by the use of Avast and the admin account? If so, what version of Windows?

Is this a company laptop, or your own private one?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cityboyjim

Sorry just seen your reply there .I got it sorted but thank you for taking the time to answer .

Advertisement